Friday, July 4, 2014

Arrival in Baku



By Adele Gallogly:

Arriving in Baku, on July 4th, 2014 was a very exciting experience. After having spent a wonderful time in Tbilisi, Georgia, I was very much looking forward to further discovering the Caucasus region and to discovering Azerbaijan. In the internship position, which I held with Transparency International Georgia, I had the opportunity to learn more about and contribute to the projects of the organization. I had a chance to assist during local elections with the monitoring of election activities on June 15th, 2014. It was an incredible experience having the opportunity to live in Georgia during the elections and to assist the organization during this period. 
While in Tbilisi, I had a chance to meet and work with colleagues from Georgia and around the world. I had a chance to discover the beautiful Old Town of Tbilisi and Narikala Fortress with my fellow interns.  I also learned from my Georgian colleagues more about the traditional food and culture. I had a chance to try fantastic dishes such as khachapuri and also really enjoyed working with my colleagues and learning more about the work of Transparency International Georgia.
It was very interesting arriving in Baku after my time spent in Georgia. On the evening of our welcome reception, I had an opportunity to meet so many wonderful people from countries around the world.  I had a chance to try fantastic cuisine from Azerbaijan. It was great to have a chance to meet my fellow classmates and to hear more about their experiences prior to arriving in Baku.

No comments:

Post a Comment